From service to sales, Tanner Schuldt has had a wide array of experiences with the SoilWarrior. He can confidently say he has operated the SoilWarrior for many hours through different terrains and weather conditions.Tanner has personally experienced in-field hiccups while operating the SoilWarrior including plugged meter bodies, technology connectivity issues, and wet field conditions. He has had to clean meter bodies out when the fertilizer is inconsistent or contains foreign material. ETS Precision Ag Specialist, Gavin, walked Tanner through troubleshooting a lost RTK signal over the phone. He even ran in field conditions that were a little too wet and had to clean out all 16 rolling baskets caked with mud. "A mud-filled rolling basket weighs approximately 75 pounds," said Tanner.
Through these experiences and more, Tanner created the perfect toolbox for SoilWarrior owners. With less than 25 items, Tanner's Toolbox can prepare you to troubleshoot most of the common issues caused by unexpected field conditions or technology issues.
- Flat Screwdriver
- Allen Wrench Set
- 1 1/2" Combination End Wrench
- 1 1/8" Combination End Wrench
- 15/16" Combination End Wrench
- 3/4" Combination End Wrench
- 9/16" Combination End Wrench
- 1/4" Nut Driver
- 5/16" Nut Driver
- 3/8" Drive 10mm, 11mm, 13mm, Deep Well Socket
- 9/16" Socket
- 1 1/2" Socket, 1/2 Drive
- 1 1/8" Socket, 1/2" Drive
- 15/16" Socket, 1/2" Drive
- 3/4" Socket, 1/2" Drive
- Sharp Knife
- Putty Knife
- Deadblow Style Hammer
Tanner also shared his two favorite SoilWarrior tips.
- A large round garbage can, with the bottom cut out, makes the perfect funnel when filling the machine with fertilizer. It also keeps the top of your machine clean.
- Adding a “T” connector with a plug by the air compressor allows an operator to add some airline antifreeze, as fall nighttime (or even spring) temperatures can cause havoc with airlines.
Assembling your toolbox is just one step toward a great strip-till season. Make sure your tractor is ready, and don’t forget to do your pre-season technology checks. Tanner wishes everyone a safe and prosperous season every time they run their SoilWarrior.