- Design Engineer
- Engineering Intern
ETS is seeking a Mechanical or Agricultural Engineer to assist in developing innovative agricultural equipment.
Environmental Tillage Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of conservation tillage, integrated planting, and nutrient management equipment, which enhances soil productivity and farm profitability. Our SoilWarrior systems set the standard for in-field performance, machine durability, and ease of operation. For more information visit soilwarrior.com.
The Design Engineer will assist the engineering staff with creating innovative designs for our SoilWarrior product line. He or she will also evaluate, redesign, and test existing equipment for enhanced durability, efficiency, and ease of operation. The position is based at ETS headquarters in Faribault, Minnesota, with some travel required for in-field testing.
- Create, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of product design, fabrication, and quality.
- Utilize Epicor ERP system to generate and maintain engineering bills of materials.
- Utilize SolidWorks to create engineering drawings in support of manufacturing.
- Perform engineering assignments related to design and analysis for agricultural tillage equipment.
- Optimize new systems and upgrades to existing systems and processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve serviceability and manufacturability of product.
- Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods.
- Develop mechanical products by studying customer requirements and soliciting observations from operators.
- Research and test manufacturing/assembly methods and materials.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Understand and comply with government regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other assignments as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ag Engineering, or a related field.
- One to two years of engineering experience desired (internship experience would qualify) - three or more years preferred.
- CAD proficiency (SolidWorks experience desired).
Health insurance, 401K + employer match, life insurance, short-term disability, healthcare flexible spending account, and personal time off.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & CONTACT INFORMATION
Currently accepting applications through May 1, 2023. Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to Senior Engineer Christopher Self at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Tillage Systems is seeking an Engineering Intern for summer 2023. The position is based in Faribault, MN, and will report to the Senior Engineer. This internship will focus on all aspects of engineering of the SoilWarrior product line. Duties may include prototyping, light assembly, field testing (and associated travel), and documentation of assembly processes and systems. The selected person should also establish personal goals he or she would like to accomplish during this internship. We will make every effort to provide opportunities to achieve these goals.
Are you ready to join a growing company and make a real impact? Join us today!
- Must be interested in our business and working with agricultural equipment.
- Must be pursuing degree in mechanical or agricultural engineering, precision agriculture or a related technology field.
- Must have completed at least sophomore-level classes, heading into junior or senior year of college.
- Must have basic computer skills and some CAD modeling experience.
- Must have local living accommodations; ETS will not pay for travel or relocation.
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to ETS Senior Engineer, Christopher Self, at email@example.com.
Please fill out the form below or email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to ETS Director of Operations, Tony Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.