As the Senior Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of design activities required to support company’s current product line in addition to the development of new product ideas, concepts and product improvement designs consistent with Platform objectives. Must be able to work with production, supply chain and product support leads to ensure the timely, efficient and cost effective design of agricultural equipment using engineering proactive tool sets and have specific accountability for assigned projects.
- Provides technical expertise for mechanical, structural, hydraulic and equipment control systems and works as a liaison to other functional areas to identify and resolve problems and to explore and champion design alternatives.
- Investigates, recommends and applies appropriate engineering techniques and optimum standardization in the use of manufacturing technology and processes to produce cost effective designs.
- Defines requirements and utilizes design analysis methods to recommend functionality and performance improvements.
- Prepares reports consistent with program requirements, company development processes and recommends processes unique to expertise.
- Proposes current and new product innovations, creates invention disclosures, critiques and advocates proposals for others, champions product and systems improvements throughout the organization which will advance acceptance and overall satisfaction of the company’s product/systems.
- Responsible for creation of technical specifications for area of responsibility.
- Recommends design alternatives to accomplish project technical specifications.
- Implements changes, identifies validation requirements, and reviews data for performance acceptance.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% (domestically) of the time to observe and interact with products in the field and at customers’ locations.
- Completion of all documentation in regards to designs including developing CAD models, engineering prints and BOM’s.
- Physical activities including use of computers, occasionally assisting in the assembly, installation and operation of prototypes in a shop environment or in the field. Capability to be in the field or production factory environment, heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for periods of time may be required.
- Perform other related duties & projects as required.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with emphasis in mechanical or agricultural. In addition a basic background in hydraulics and controls.
- Extensive (min 10 years) experience in engineering product design and development with emphasis on equipment design. Three to five years’ experience with hydraulic systems, electrical systems and/or the structural design of mobile machinery preferred.
- Previous experience completing major projects from conception to product release.
- Able to work without supervision, but must be able to escalate issues as necessary.
- Must have the ability to interject and provide data to support concerns regarding the practicality of project goals, as it relates to their specific technical area of expertise.
- Must have excellent independent thinking, cross functional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive work experience with a 3-D CAD system, SolidWorks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Professional Engineer with a Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years Agricultural Engineering experience preferred
- Functional experience with FEA software programs
- Experience in control system design
- Experience in agriculture preferred
- Experience with ERP software such as EPICOR
- Extensive SolidWorks software experience
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to Environmental Tillage Systems CEO, Kevin Born, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Tillage Systems is seeking a service technician to service and maintain all ETS products and provide client support.
ETS Service Technicians provide professional and prompt support to new and existing clients. Their primary role is to safely, accurately, and efficiently maintain ETS equipment lines, which include the SoilWarrior®, SoilWarrior Edge™ and ZoneNinja®. Technicians are also expected to be ambassadors of the ETS brand and provide support to other areas of the company as needed. Workload varies throughout the year and may include nights and weekends. The candidate must be able to travel for multiple days during peak times of the year.
- Analyze work orders and assist service manager in planning travel schedule.
- Investigate service and warranty claims. Diagnose errors and technical problems. Determine proper solutions.
- Manage onsite set-up of new machines and installation of technology.
- Repair and maintain equipment as needed.
- Document services performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Transport machines and vehicles as needed.
- Maintain ETS-supplied vehicle and service trailer. Ensure equipment and tools remain in clean, professional condition, and are maintained according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Develop and cultivate good client relationships. Build trust by keeping service information confidential.
- Support research and development of new and existing products.
- Operate all vehicles and handle tools in a safe manner.
- Support Regional Sales Managers with demonstrations, tradeshows, events, and transportation of equipment and/or show materials.
- Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Follow company processes, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employment handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum AAS (2-year) technical degree or same years of related experience.
- Possess or willing to obtain forklift operator certification and Class A CDL.
- Experience working with precision ag technology.
- Ability to think critically and implement solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Works well independently and with team.
- Knowledge of agriculture and row crops.
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time. Technicians are also provided with a truck, trailer, and tools.
ETS is located in Faribault, Minnesota. This position services customers based out of Faribault.
APPLICATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to Service Manager Mark Hewitt at email@example.com.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking individuals to fulfill a combination of these production roles depending on the seasonality of the business and the production cycle.
Assembly Technician – assemble parts while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Independently carry out general assembly procedures and work by assembly instruction sheets.
- Assemble subassemblies or parts of subassemblies to the main machine being worked on.
- Check and double check work and correct any assembly problems.
- Assist in planning assembly procedures and administer the completion of a machine.
- Conduct final functional tests to verify that the assembled unit operates properly and that it is of high quality.
- Read and understand blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and orderly.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
Welder/Fabricator – weld metal parts together using specified wire welding processes.
- Knowledge of the welding process and equipment.
- Fabricate metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or it's operators to the Manager or Safety Director.
- Produce strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follow required procedures and use appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly process.
- Communicate effectively with other workers to help direct personal workflow.
- Weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with good penetration and a quality appearance.
- Operate plasma cutter, acetylene torch and other metal fabrication tools.
- Math skills including fractions and angles.
- Physical ability to work and weld in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead.
- Operate various shop tools including power and manually operated wrenches.
- Ability use fork trucks, overhead cranes, power tools, wrenches, levels, etc.
- Adhere to Assembly, Materials, and accounting record-keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
Industrial Powder Coating Team Lead – manage and operate the powder coating process.
- Understands and follows all safety policies and procedures
- Understands and follows the Quality Check process
- Understands and follows the work center schedule
- Provide on the job training to both new and progressing team
- Performs and assists with the production duties of the
- Maintain material traceability throughout the painting process.
- Maintain painting equipment and troubleshoot technical problems as needed.
Paint Assistant – specialize in powder coating materials for production.
- Perform appropriate surface preparations to ensure proper adhesion.
- Utilize safe work practices including the use of proper PPE.
- Operate and maintain processing equipment (spray guns, hoses, etc.).
- Proper use of ovens and other drying techniques, including curing temperatures and procedures.
- Utilize safe methods of handling material, including chemicals, required in all aspects of process.
- Perform proper masking techniques necessary to meet requirements.
- Understanding of various cleaning and pre-treatment processes and their effects on parts.
- Proper maintenance, setup, use, and cleaning of equipment required to perform required processes.
Quality Technician – perform quality control checks on products to ensure they meet required safety and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports.
- Ensure compliance to federal and state laws, as well as company standards and specifications.
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment.
- Perform inspections across all stages of production.
- Prepare and maintain test data for review.
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards.
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly.
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal-relations skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed, well organized and a team player.
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- High school diploma
- Some technical training preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs on a frequent basis
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to ETS Director of Operations, Tony Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.