Environmental Tillage Systems is seeking an Engineering Intern for summer 2023. The position is based in Faribault, MN, and will report to the Senior Engineer. This internship will focus on all aspects of engineering of the SoilWarrior product line. Duties may include prototyping, light assembly, field testing (and associated travel), and documentation of assembly processes and systems. The selected person should also establish personal goals he or she would like to accomplish during this internship. We will make every effort to provide opportunities to achieve these goals.
Are you ready to join a growing company and make a real impact? Join us today!
- Must be interested in our business and working with agricultural equipment.
- Must be pursuing degree in mechanical or agricultural engineering, precision agriculture or a related technology field.
- Must have completed at least sophomore-level classes, heading into junior or senior year of college.
- Must have basic computer skills and some CAD modeling experience.
- Must have local living accommodations; ETS will not pay for travel or relocation.
Please email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to ETS Senior Engineer, Chris Self, at email@example.com.
Coordinate daily operations of all (New & Used) equipment, which will include constant communication between Sales, Production, Finance, and our customers.
- Understand interstate regulations, order permits for Oversize/Overweight shipments as required, and communicate with necessary DMVs and other agencies to ensure DOT compliance
- Understand International Fuel Tax Association (IFTA) and International Registration Plan (IRP) regulations, submit IFTA quarterly reports and annual license, submit IRP Annual Apportioned Registration, file IRS Form 2290 – Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, submit MCS-150 biennial update, submit Ontario Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (COVR), file Certificate of Standard Alpha Code (SCAC) renewal, file Annual Unified Carrier Registration, file quarterly Kentucky Weight Distance Tax Form and any additional reports as necessary
- Determine appropriate routing of all ETS outbound international and domestic shipments, including parcel, LTL, truckload, and container shipments
- Negotiate and arrange all courier services
- Organize and maintain all shipping documentation, update accurate spreadsheets, and communicate results
- Perform audits and produce reports related to transportation and delivery costs as requested
- Communicate delivery schedules with Production, Sales staff, and our customers.
- Partner with customers and their freight forwarders on routed shipments
- Understand export regulations and create commercial documentation for export shipments, including commercial invoices, packing lists, and shipper’s export documentation
- Retain export documents and records according to US Department of Commerce recordkeeping requirements
- Audit and approve invoices for outbound shipments
- Assist with rate negotiations of shipping service providers
- Assist with and initiate various cost reduction initiatives upon request
- Submit claims with service providers when damage and late shipments occur
- Understand and provide support and guidance for CDL tracking and for renewals and physicals.
- Understand Hazardous Material Documentation requirements as they relate to Department of Transportation (DOT) recordkeeping and compliance requirements
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested
- Be available nights and weekends for any drive-away-related issues
- Perform stationary work 70% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
- Perform production floor work 30% of the time, including interacting with various departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics, supply chain management or equivalent
- 2 years of import/export compliance and/or 2 years of international transportation experience within a manufacturing or freight forwarding environment
- Experience with complex federal export laws and regulations including but not limited to the US Customs Regulations, FCC regulations, Harmonized Tariff Codes, DOT, and US export requirements including the Export Administration Regulations and the Automated Export System
- Knowledge of international freight forwarding processes and Inco Terms
- Experience in moving oversize and overweight machinery on a global level
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Extensive strategic, analytical, and independent thinking skills
- Ability to handle the high workload and manage multiple projects
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to ETS CEO, Kevin Born, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking individuals to fulfill a combination of these production roles depending on the seasonality of the business and the production cycle.
Assembly Technician – assemble parts while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Independently carry out general assembly procedures and work by assembly instruction sheets.
- Assemble subassemblies or parts of subassemblies to the main machine being worked on.
- Check and double-check work and correct any assembly problems.
- Assist in planning assembly procedures and administering the completion of a machine.
- Conduct final functional tests to verify that the assembled unit operates properly and that it is of high quality.
- Read and understand blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and orderly.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
Welder/Fabricator – weld metal parts together using specified wire welding processes.
- Knowledge of the welding process and equipment.
- Fabricate metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner and report hazards associated with the equipment or its operators to the Manager or Safety Director.
- Produce strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follow required procedures and use appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly process.
- Communicate effectively with other workers to help direct personal workflow.
- Weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with good penetration and a quality appearance.
- Operate plasma cutter, acetylene torch, and other metal fabrication tools.
- Math skills including fractions and angles.
- Physical ability to work and weld in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead.
- Operate various shop tools including power and manually operated wrenches.
- Ability to use fork trucks, overhead cranes, power tools, wrenches, levels, etc.
- Adhere to Assembly, Materials, and accounting record-keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
Paint Assistant – specialize in powder coating materials for production.
- Perform appropriate surface preparations to ensure proper adhesion.
- Utilize safe work practices including the use of proper PPE.
- Operate and maintain processing equipment (spray guns, hoses, etc.).
- Proper use of ovens and other drying techniques, including curing temperatures and procedures.
- Utilize safe methods of handling material, including chemicals, required in all aspects of the process.
- Perform proper masking techniques necessary to meet requirements.
- Understanding of various cleaning and pre-treatment processes and their effects on parts.
- Proper maintenance, setup, use, and cleaning of equipment required to perform required processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal relations skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed, well organized, and a team player.
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- High school diploma
- Some technical training preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs on a frequent basis
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
Please fill out the form below or email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to ETS Director of Operations, Tony Thompson, at email@example.com.