ETS is seeking a Design Engineer to assist in the development of innovative agricultural equipment.
Environmental Tillage Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of conservation tillage and nutrient management equipment, which enhances soil productivity and farm profitability. Our SoilWarrior systems set the standard for in-field performance, machine durability, and ease of operation. For more information visit soilwarrior.com.
The Design Engineer will assist the Senior Engineer with creating innovative technology for our SoilWarrior product line. He or she will also evaluate, redesign, and test existing equipment for enhanced durability, efficiency, and ease of operation. The position is based at ETS headquarters in Faribault, Minnesota, with some travel required for in-field testing.
- Creates, coordinates, and monitors all aspects of product design, fabrication, and quality.
- Performs engineering assignments related to design and analysis for agricultural tillage equipment.
- Optimizes new systems and upgrades to existing systems and processes.
- Works with service team to develop and implement solutions to service related issues.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains system and product database by entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other assignments as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ag Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of engineering experience preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD software.
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & CONTACT INFORMATION
Applications will be accepted until May 26, 2017. Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to Senior Engineer Scott Opsahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.