ETS is seeking a Controller to provide leadership in the areas of finance and corporate planning.
Environmental Tillage Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of conservation tillage and nutrient management equipment, which enhances soil productivity and farm profitability. Our SoilWarrior systems set the standard for in-field performance, machine durability, and ease of operation. For more information visit www.soilwarrior.com.
The Controller will provide leadership in guiding the Company for financial matters. This individual will oversee the accounting department to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. He/she will work with the senior leadership team at ETS in planning for the successful growth and financial success of the Company. He/she will be responsible for working with the CEO to prepare periodic board reports. The position is based at ETS headquarters in Faribault, Minnesota, with some travel required.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare or direct preparation of monthly financial statements and reports to management.
- Prepare reports for ETS banking relationships. This includes monitoring and preparing borrowing base calculations to ensure compliance with bank extensions of credit.
- Oversee compliance with all state, federal, and international tax authorities and ensure timely reporting to these agencies as required by law.
- On an annual basis create a budget working with the CEO and other managers that is presented to the Board of Directors for approval. On an ongoing basis monitor and report progress towards meeting the budget versus actual results.
- Utilize Epicor MERP system for financial reporting and analysis. Work closely with Supply Chain Manager, Director of Production, and accounting staff to review job costing and profitability reports.
- Working with sales reports, production reports, and input from senior managers, prepare periodic cash flow forecasts for use by the Controller and CEO.
- Assist sales team with customer equipment financing transactions. Prepare and close lease and loan documents for sales of SoilWarrior equipment.
- Work with VP Sales & Marketing to monitor appropriate pricing of equipment to customers.
- Oversee all accounting functions and also assist in administering employee benefit programs.
- Work with bankers, insurance agents, and CPA’s. This will include assisting in preparing reports for annual CPA Financial Review.
- Prepare reports and assist in communications to ETS investors, typically working with the CEO in these matters.
- For governance purposes, participate in Company board meetings as requested by the CEO and board.
- Contribute to ETS team effort by accomplishing other assignments as needed.
- Leadership – exhibit confidence in self and others. Provide direction, coaching, and motivation to other ETS team members.
- Professionalism – conduct should be respectful of others, internal and external.
- Communications – should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial acumen – individual should have minimum of 10 years progressive experience as an accountant or financial manager. Preferred candidate is a CPA or has achieved a master’s level certificate in accounting or finance.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to consider alternate scenarios and present these to management.
- Precise attention to detail in all accounting matters with strong Excel and analytical tools skills.
- Management – ability to manage staff and provide ongoing support to these individuals.
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exhibit high ethical standards of conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or Masters-level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of financial experience.
- Experience with operating and utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Manufacturing company experience is a plus.
Health and disability insurance, 401K, and paid vacation time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & CONTACT INFORMATION
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2018. Please email a resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest to Kevin Born, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org